Year 1 March 1st 2023
- You have been reading Jack and the Beanstalk. Make a list of 5 other traditional or fairy tales you know. Draw a front cover for one of them and think of 5 adjectives to describe one of the characters.
- This website has lots of story books that can be ‘read along’ (you could turn the sound off alternatively!) Stories for kids online and fun games to play | BookTrust
- Here is a document link with information to access Oxford Owl e-books which are split into colour book bands: Oxford Owl information There are many, many books online at this site which is good to look at regularly to keep practising reading at home.
Here is a link to the Letter and Sounds YouTube page.
There are some great lesson here to watch and listen with some lovely activities!
Choose one to have a go at together.
If you have Accelerated Reader quizzes to do remember you can still access these at home:
If you are up to date with your quizzes, please try to read something everyday. It might be a book you have at home or even have a go at reading the home learning information!
- Look at the story ‘Digiduck’s big decision’ https://www.childnet.com/resources/digiduck-stories/digiducks-big-decision/
- Draw a picture to show what Digiduck learns in the story.
- Watch this video about counting in multiples of 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNlKJZVlyE
- Can you draw a number line showing jumps of 5 starting at 50 and going up to 100- or starting at 0 and going up to 50.
You could also try some of these interactive maths games from the KS1 curriculum- choose some from topics you’ve looked at in class.
Other subject areas:
BBC Teach Website- lots of interesting educational videos for KS1 children
Espresso- lots of interesting activities for children
- Espresso online login – Username is student23555 and password is melton
- Sounds chart (to help with sounding out spellings) Sounds Chart
- RWI-Complex-sounds-chart This may help with spelling unknown words. It is organised by sound and shows different ways of writing the sound.
- 100-HFW-mat The first 100 high frequency words – words which we use lots when writing.
- number formation A page to show how to correctly form the numbers.
- Letter formation A page to show how to correctly form the letters.
- 0-20 numberline
- 0-30 numberline
- 100 square
- Word class poster to help identify each type of word